Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Almost Ready for Coyote Two Moon

The Two Moon Buffoon has been keeping us busy in preparation for the C2M festivities which will commence in one short week.  Check out the website!  Chris is quite imaginative and verbose, so there is a lot of info there.  (Might want to grab a glass of wine or a beer before settling in.)  I would be surprised if there is an RD out there who pours more heart and soul--and hours!--into their events than Chris does, but of course I am kind of partial.  :)  Before Chris and I got together, I had no clue what went into making a running event of this magnitude happen.  I would pay my entry fee, show up, run, and go home with not a whole lot of thought regarding all the hard work necessary.  NOW I have some idea!


There is the permitting process with the US Forest Service...
The many planning meetings at Charlie's Patio on PCH...
Lots of hours of trail work in four organized outings by C2M'ers...
Procurement of really, really groovy prizes...
Pancake runs in Point Mugu State Park...
Followed by more pre-race "meetings"...
Bringing fluids up to the three on-ridge aid stations and making sure the approach roads are passable...
Mark (above) is station chief at Ridge Jct., while Wild Bill (below) mans both Sisar and Gridley Bottom...
This rock was thankfully on the trail and not in the road...
Training runs on the C2M course, some in snow even!  
Still more planning meetings...
And more trail work.  Ooh, I wanna run down this trail...
Time out to enjoy the lovely views of the ocean and Channel Islands from the C2M Ridge...
Some course scouting runs for the Buffoon...
...et moi.  Oh, how I love running amongst the sea dahlias this time of year.  :)
Since I am actually entered in the 100 miler this year, I was very happy to have done the old C4P 40 miler, including Butt-Crack Rock, as my last long training run a couple of weeks ago...
Views into Serrano Canyon were awesome...
The weather has been grand for running.  Yippee, yippee, yippee!  I love living here.
Then back to work in the garage.  This is only a small portion of the "stuff."  The mannequin has been with us for a couple of years now, but it's time for her to go!  For what performance shall this be a prize?  Hmm...
There is a lot left to do:  picking up the Patagonia shirts and puff pullovers from the stitchers (got a sneak preview and they look great!), stuffing the runners' bags, getting some aid station boxes ready, sorting prizes, etc., etc.

We are looking forward to a fun party next week!!

5 comments:

amy said...

I really need to make C2M a priority next year! I'm sad to be missing out on all of the fun. I still wear my devil/cow shower cap almost daily and think fondly of you all and C2M each time I do.

Jamie Anderson said...

Whoa, that clock rules! Obviously, that's reason enough to enter right there. Best of luck with it all! I'll have to make it over there one of these years.

Joanne said...

I just LOVE Butt Crack Rock. How funny!
Those meeting sessions look like too much fun to be getting anything done.
Good luck on your upcoming ultra. That's amazing.
I'm running Boston (my 2nd marathon) and I'm scared to death. Can't even imagine accomplishing the miles that you guys run. A lot of respect goes out to you.

Leslie said...

Aaaaaw! Make my all jealous! It's a good thing I live in the Canadian version of Paradise. But, alas...
I will pine for the trails of the Ojai Ridge next weekend! I'll raise a beer in your honor and more importantly, tilt my head back and howl at the moon.

Ow-oow-ooooo!

Al said...

I agree with the woman who says you may have a mental disorder- where can I sign up for NEXT year?